Because my recent adventures have only rendered 4 breeds of amphibian, I spent today's class time finding adequate photographs for the amphibians that I don't expect to find in the coming weeks. So far I have photographs of Red Efts (Eastern Newt juvenile), American Toads, a Green Frog, and a Red Backed Salamander. I also have photos of Spotted Salamanders and Spring Peepers from a roadway expedition last year. While I don't expect to find many of the other amphibians at this time of year, I have not given up hope and I will be out this weekend in the ponds surrounding my house. I'll make sure to root around in the muddy banks in search of some adult Eastern Newts as well as Bull Frogs and Leopard Frogs and maybe, if I'm lucky, a mudpuppy (I've only ever seen one once).
Total Time Today: 45 Mins
Total Time Today: 45 Mins
No comments:
Post a Comment